Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Power of Prayer....

So today was awesome.....

I bought a cell phone. I'll give you guys the number here soon. Its in my cabin right now and I'm up on the 3rd floor under the stars in the middle of a storm. The lightning is amazing!

We went to the boys and girls home today. I loved seeing them.

And the highlight of my day was prayer time. Coburn (who is a friend of the Buzbees down here) has 6 guys here doing some construction work on the school he runs. Well he asked Chachi and Mr. B if we could pray with them today at 3pm. So we met at Ruby's house and went up into the prayer room. When we were done prayer it was almost 5:30pm. 2 and a half hours of prayer!!!! I know some of my friends would think that sounds crazy. Most of us can't stand it when the church service is more than an hour! hehe But this was amazing. First it felt like we were praying for 20 mins. not 2.5 hours. And second it was just awesome. Everyone was prayed for. all 10 of us all praying out loud at the same time. I felt led to sing some worship songs quietly as my prayers. I guess my prayers were providing the soundtrack of our prayer time. I felt amazing. I sang song after song from what wonderous love is this and were you there, to casting crowns and Chris Tomlin. When I sang shout to the Lord, a lot of the guys joined in. I couldnt believe I had enough songs to sing for 2.5 hours in my head. Nothing I planned on. I just felt like I needed to sing. And a new song popped into my head after every one finished. I think that's how I enjoy praying the most. I would like to think I was blessed with an ok singing voice. So I like offering my song back to God in thanks. I hope we get to do this weekly!

It was awesome though. Then we came home and had a great fried chicken dinner!

One thing hit me.... Coburn said "Hey Tom, you can help me next week some time...."
I realized.... normally I had a countdown till I had to leave. But it made me realize I will be here next week. And the next, and the next.... It's crazy. There is no rush. I am serving God and my only agenda is to have none and be willing to listen to God! What a perfect life. I am blessed I have so many people who love me that are supporting me while I do God's will and serve Him. I couldn't be here without all of you!

Please feel free to leave any comments on my blog. I love to hear what you think about my blogs. Plus I love to hear from you guys. I love ya all and miss ya.

PS.... my skype name is Tom.seipel if anyone is interested in chatting. Love ya all and talk to you soon!

1 comment:

  1. I'LL READ YOUR BLOG. I WILL PROUD TO. ..MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ALWAYS...... JERRY FINK

    ReplyDelete