Friday, June 24, 2011

Ministry happens when you least expect it...

So I have internet again, but it's cause I drove to Pizza Hut to get it.

I am ready to have it full time though! I have so much "Work" to do with my Ministry that not having it is a pain!

The last couple days have been busy. Yesterday I met an amazing girl named Veronica. She is a volunteer with the Scholarship program. The school in the dump gives out scholarships to kids that finish school and meets certain requirements. These scholarships pay for private schooling. Right now there are 28 kids.

Veronica is amazing like I said. First, I was amazed at how much English she knows. I didn't have to talk in Spanish at all with her. I loved it. But What was amazing about her is her heart. She is a strong Christian. She is 28 years old and has 8 siblings. She doesn't know who her father is and none of her family are Christians. One of her sisters had a child named Leonard. He is 7 years old. Her sister left him when he was born and Veronica has taken the role of a mother to him. She is wonderful with him and I admire that responsibility she has.

We picked up about 18 of the 28 kids and took them to see a movie. It felt like I had a spanish youth group. They reminded me of my youth group and made me miss them even more!

But we had fun at the movies and then at Pizza Hut after. Veronica invited me to go with her Monday too. So I think I will be busy mondays and Thursdays since that's when we hang out with the kids.

Then after I dropped off Veronica I went to the girls home to celebrate Marie Ellena's birthday! They had a pinata and we did some salsa dancing. It was a great time!

Today was a blast....
So I picked up the girls and took them to the Buzbees where we joined the boys home and a big group of High Schoolers from a church. We got on the Buses and went to Ruby Ranch. There the group had an Olympics set up with different games. I was on Red team with some of the little girls. my team ended up third, but that's because we had a lot of little ones on it. We won the tug-o-war event though since we had a couple bigger guys. Myself and one other really pulled our "Weight" on that event!

It was pouring down rain the whole day and it was a mudfest. It was amazing seeing the muddy faces smiling the whole time. Who woulda thought playing in mud was such an outreach opportunity!

Afterwards I drove them back home. We had a blast!

I am really enjoying my time with both houses. I can see special relationships being built with the kids in the boys home and the girls. I pray that God leads me to be a perfect role model for them!

Well, that's all for now. Time to head back to the boys home. Love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment