Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hell on Earth?

So Today was awesome. I have all of my group here from FCC and my parents. I am really proud of these people. Whether they came to have an amazing earth shattering experience with God, or they came to see what i'm going to be up to, I know God has a plan for them!

Unfortunately Ashley stayed at the compound because she didnt feel good and wanted to sleep. Now she feels great. So I am glad she got over her "bug/strep".

Today we took them to La Chureca. It's the big trash dump down here where about 1500 people LIVE in. It might be considered Hell on Earth in some people's eyes. It if full of broken people. I think that's why God is there. He has a lot of people he can use. In the middle of it is Colegio Esperanza which means "school of Hope". The Buzbees run it with a wonderful Nicaraguan lady that is the director.

First the group went to the school in the dump. We pulled out some balloons and it was amazing to watch these kids grab balloons out of our hands like they were gold. They almost tackled Mitzi trying to get balloons! It was fun watching all of them. SOme little girls attached to Elizabeth like glue. I have some great pictures I'll put up tomorrow!

Then after that Chachi took us on a walk through the dump. I think it really blew some of the team away. I know that it touched most of them. I heard it in Dan Parker's voice tonight when he was prayer and struggling to hold back tears. God was moving in the hearts of some of my team members.

Then we ran by the boys and girls home. The boys tackled all the adults. It was cute. And the girls were sweet and fun like always.

After dinner I did a little Devotion/Sharing time with the group. We reflected over 1 John 3:17 and talked about where we saw God moving. It was a great time with the group. It might be my favorite part of the week. It's when we get to talk about God. Loving on kids is a gift from God. But I love when we talk about God. I really do. I hope this group grows closer to Him each day. We have a great start! I pray that God wrecks our hearts, takes control, and lets us live through Him this week. My prayer is that we are uncomfortable. A comfortable Christian doesn't grow in Christ. It's when we are challenged that God fills us and we draw close to him. I yearn for that every day of my life. I am uncomfortable here in Nicaragua, my group is too. I hope some of you back home reading this will come on a trip and be uncomfortable with me too! God bless you all and talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment