Friday, June 17, 2011

A memorable day

What a great day!

We went to Las Brasiles to see Coburn's ministry. It was awesome. We went to the pre-school and played with some of the children. Then we walked around and checked out some of the houses. He really has an amazing ministry there. One thing they were short of were tables. Kinda sad..... I am thinking that I am going to raise some money for tables.

After Dan stabbed himself with aircraft cable (thank goodness he has his tetanus shot, although locked jaw would have been a quieter lunch :) , we had a great authentic Nicaraguan lunch. Ps..... Dan was good, we had a nurse! Go Teresa. When you see him, ask him about the banana.

Next, we went to Volcano Messiah! We stopped at the museum and while we were on a tour, some kids ran in and threw 2 high school girls on the ground. At first, it looked like we were in those zombie movies. I thought they were dead. But never fear, Teresa was here. What happened was they had heatstroke as a result of hiking while drinking coke. Not the best choice of carbonated beverage. So Teresa nursed one back to consciousness but the other was having some issues. They threw her in the back of a truck, and went to the hospital. I pray that she is doing ok.

Then we went to the top. The sulfur smell was horrible. Think of lots of burning matches. Then we had to climb the 177 stairs to the top...... Not my favorite part. It was beautiful. The best part, was going down though. We had to park the car backwards in case it erupted. It is active after all. More than I can say for myself.

On the way down the mountain. I swore we were at six flags. Coburn had my Microbus hugging those curves. I guess he hugged a little to tight. Cause I looked back and nurse Teresa needed a nurse. She was getting carsick. After a short stop, everything was dandy.

That was until we thought we were going to run out of gas. Ashley was constantly nagging about getting Ice cream. So we got some at the gas station. After 2 minutes of eating ice cream, I realized my group all needed bibs. Because Dan, Mitzi, Mom, and Ashley were wearing more than they ate. Luckily, Dan dropped most of his on the floor of my new car so he didnt get his nice white shirt too dirty.

After a nice dip in the pool, we went to dinner. We had to wait for Elizabeth, she was having a little problem with something about flypaper not coming out of hair very easily. So we shaved her head...... Just kidding. But she definitely needs another shower. But seriously..... fly paper.... Nurse Teresa is prepared. She said she was a girl scout. Man, I knew I shouldn't have quit Tiger cubs.

Excuse me for a moment. I need to interrupt this blog to give you breaking news. Ashley Dawson just fell on her face. I'm sure everyone has seen that before. She does it a lot! Love you girl!

Dinner was Rico!

Had a great talk with the group. And you will see a lot of pictures on my facebook tonight.

On a side note..... this blog tonight was a group effort. That's why it sounds a little different. We just spent the last hour laughing our heads off trying to recall this day for the blog. That is what's awesome when you get a group together serving the Lord. Everyone have a great night. Tom Seipel...... Signing off.

Ps.... no one was harmed in the making of this blog. Actually, some sense might have been knocked into Ashley. So it was a productive evening.

3 comments:

  1. Good to hear things are going so well. Keep up all the great work for Him. (and good luck with Ashley) :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to hear their side of the story!

    ReplyDelete