Monday, August 29, 2011

Lots of stuff happening here!

So new season is coming. I am finishing up spanish school in a couple of weeks then I will have a lot on my plate.

My good friend Coburn just got engaged to one of the Buzbee's daughters. They will be leaving to live in the states for a while. He has a school that he runs and a feeding program in Los Brasilles. He asked me to oversee it after he leaves. So Xalted Ministries is now partnering with Imagine Ministries to help the community of Los Brasilles. I will be out there in the community a few days a week helping out at the school and also becoming a new face in the community. I will be paying the teachers and workers, overseeing the needs, and reporting back to Coburn about everything. This is a wonderful opportunity. I saw a huge need in Los Brasilles since the first day I was there. I am really excited about this and I know God has a lot of things in store for me and for the community.

I have spent the last couple of days hanging out with Coburn and my friend Michael. Coburn is leaving, so that will be tough. He has really helped me a lot in getting my feet on the ground here in Nicaragua. I have been blessed by his friendship and I wish him and Melissa the best of luck in the future together!

So I head back to Leon tomorrow morning for 2 more weeks. I am not really looking forward to going back. I have learned a ton in 2 weeks. But i feel i need to practice using it now. But we will move on to even more stuff these next two weeks. I feel like I will forget half the stuff I learned if i don't practice it. I am only going to take a month. I realized a month is long enough. I might take another couple of weeks next year to get to the next level. After all.... my brain can only learn so much so fast!

Well.... time to have my last dinner with Coburn for a while. Please keep me in your prayers. I am going to be very busy once I get back from school. Afterall, God wouldn't be using me to sit around and be bored! :)

Love ya all. God Bless!

1 comment:

  1. Lots going on. Miss you here. Ash named her puppy after you. Good luck with the Spanish!
    Kandi

    ReplyDelete