Wednesday, August 17, 2011

"football"

So I had some time to kill today and I was walking around and I heard sooooooo much cheering going on. The closer I got to the "bar" district, the sooner I realized what was happening. It was a Barcelona vs. Madrid Soccer game. Or as they say here "Football". I decided I wanted to experience life like a Nicaraguan and went in to one of these bars to see the game. First the cover was $2.50. And that included FOUR beers. I was blown away. That gives you a perspective on how cheap some things are here. You couldn't buy ONE beer for that price back home. But I wasn't about to complain :)

So I went and asked a table of guys if anyone was sitting in their empty seat. They said I could use it. They were all Barcelona fans and ALL had on "Messi" jerseys. So I decided I was going to be a Barcelona fan. First off, I pretty much hate soccer. The only real football to me is American Football. But it was pretty awesome. It's not the sport that was awesome, it was the passion of the people in this bar. The ball would get stolen and everyone for that team would cheer. When a goal was scored everyone would start swinging their beers around. It was literally a "Beer Sprinkler". I got drenched. I wasn't too happy at first, but then thought..... "Only in Nica!" The crowd was as loud as a 110,000 person packed Ohio State vs. Michigan game. Yet there was only 100 people in this bar. It was pretty cool to experience.

I can say I like "Football" a little more. I need to get me a "Messi" jersey. They don't make them quite as big as I need :P

The people were nice. And let me tell you...... I have lived or stayed in MANY different countries. Of course all the American females I know are beautiful. But I have never seen a country with as many pretty girls as Nica! Seriously! Korea comes close. But It's amazing to watch the culture, the way they dress, the way men treat women and women treat men. It's very different. And some things make me sick. But at the same time.... some things are better here!

Well.... I am going to a "Young Life" meeting tonight with the daughter and her boyfriend. I can't wait to see it! It should be awesome. Love you all. God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment