Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Leon.....

So I am in Leon. I love it here so far. I am staying with an awesome host family. Carmen and Dennis. They have a beautiful daughter Eunice who is 22 and about to finish Med school. She is very smart and can also speak English pretty well. Her boyfriend is Byron. He is a really cool guy. He's 23. What's awesome is Eunice and Byron are leaders of the Leon Young Life group. They are strong Christians. And actually tonight Dennis gave me a "Bilingual" Bible. It has spanish and english on the same page. It's awesome. So I am really enjoying talking to Byron and Eunice. He is a really nice guy and has helped me a lot with my spanish.

School has been ok. I really haven't learned a lot in the two days. Me and my teacher have ended up talking most of the 4 hours about everything. She is a Christian and today I told her my testimony. It took about an hour. But I am happy to know I can give my testimony in Spanish. Well.... she helped me with a lot of words. But I guess talking for 4 hours in spanish is good too. I just can't wait to get some actual vocab down. I realized tonight I need to make some flash cards!

Well now that I'm back in Leon, I am going to go to the church that I went to a couple of weeks ago. It's in a town close by called Malpaisillo. The pastor is becoming a good friend. His wife is really sweet. They have the MOST adorable granddaughters....Nelly and Deborah. I bought them a snow white and a Cinderella Barbie in the market today. I was a big hit!

Anyway. He has a little hardware store in the central park area. I picked them all up at 2pm and drove them to Malpaisillo. We hung out, I helped them set up church, we went to a girls house whose "Baby's Daddy" was abusing her, and prayed for her..... and we went back to church. Right before church he showed me that they have a keyboard. I got excited. I miss playing the piano. I fooled around a little bit and sang some worship songs for the girls. He overheard me and now wants me to lead the congregation in an English song sometime in the next couple of weeks. I bet many people can't say they have led worship in a US AND Nicaraguan church! I am pretty pumped. I need to figure out which slower songs I should do that I can play. Any suggestions would be great!

We had church and it was a great time. I live it here. Did I say that :) After I leave Leon to go back to Managua, I know I will be visiting here often to say Hi! It's only an hour away. That's like going to Paducah!

Well I just finished my spanish homework. Never thought I'd have homework again! But keep an eye out for more blogs. Love ya all!

No comments:

Post a Comment