Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Xalted Ministries helping people already!!!

I found where Xalted Ministries is going to make an impact.


So I went to Rosa yesterday with some of the guys in Coburns group. We had the intent on building a house. We made a little floor plan and talked to her about it. She loved it but told us she didn’t want to do it. Luis translated why. I guess she it living on a little patch of land that a farmer is letting her borrow. I mean the land is the size of a two car garage. So imagine her house is much smaller. What is left of it. Well they worked through the night to fix it.


Since she is temporarily living where she is, she says if we build a nicer house for her the guy is going to kick her off the land and take it. She then told us that she has had to borrow land and normally move her family every 3 months. Can you believe relocating, and BUILDING a small house every 3 months!!!!


Also her children were supposed to go to school yesterday for the first day. She has one going in the morning and 2 girls in the afternoon. I noticed the boy wasnt there in the morning and wondered why. She says they only have 1 shirt EACH and they are dirty and they are too embarrassed to go to school. So I went and bought her clothes. Little kids shirt and pants sets are expensive even down here! I already gave out all of our clothes my group bought down. I could use more!

A couple of the kids also didn’t have shoes. So I bought a few pair of sandals for them.


So.... This is where Xalted Ministries is going to change a life. Or 7 lives.


I told her I am going to buy some land and I’m going to build a small house and her family can live in it. We are talking about $1,000 for the land, and maybe $2,000 for the house. So for 3,000 I am going to set up a family for life. I could use any donations since this is a big undertaking. But God will provide!!!


Anyway, i gotta run. Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment