Monday, July 25, 2011

I could use your help and prayers!!!!

So I went out to Las Brasiles after going to the grocery store. I bought about $30 worth of food and hygiene stuff. That will last a long time. When I got out to Las Brasiles I went to Rosa’s house. I was shocked. Her house was in shambles. A group came in and tore her well built very little house (10‘x10’) and made it bigger with plastic tarp. Well they didn’t take into consideration the wind. The wind took the tarp and most of the house with it. All that remained were 2 sheet metal walls that were still connected by a post made from a big tree branch. I also found out she has 6 kids and not 5. There is one father left. The father to her most recent baby. But he is a farm hand and is gone all week and only comes to the house on the weekend to see his baby. He doesn’t live with them. So she is raising 6 kids by herself.


I gave her the stuff I bought and she was grateful. She enjoyed the Bible I gave her. They thanked me over and over. I told them I would be back soon.


On the way home I started crying thinking about them. I can’t believe I left them the way they were. I can’t sleep at night knowing they have half a house and 6 kids that will get soaked when it rains in the night (it’s the rainy season after all). Can you imagine laying in your bed and trying to sleep while it is raining on YOU? That’s not too uncommon here.


So I am going to finish this house. I have already decided God has put this family on my heart for a reason. So I am going back today to measure the walls and buy sheet metal to complete the house. I have a feeling this is going to be a costly gesture. But this is what Xalted Ministries was for. I have a feeling it will cost atleast $1,000. I couldn’t think of a better way to spend $1,000. If anyone is reading this and would like to contribute to this effort, you can make checks out to Xalted Ministries and send them to John Fuqua at 111 N 5th st. Murray KY 42071.


I know a lot of people have supported me. I thank you for that. The idea that Xalted Ministries is going to build a house just thrills me. I pray the Xalted Ministries can keep growing financially to do projects like these for more families.


I am Xcited. See what I did there :) I am listening fully to God right now. I was praying today for a special friend. I wanted to give Jean Carol Ridley a shout out! Love ya girl and hope your knee is feeling better. Miss ya. Keep on trucking though. God is Good!



Well it’s Monday. I am joining the Buzbees in fasting on Mondays. It’s the beginning of the week and it’s a great time to start clean and focus on prayer for the rest of the week. So only water for me today.


Anyway.... Love you all and I’m praying for you. I could use some prayers and more importantly, Rosa could use some prayers. Take care and God Bless!




No comments:

Post a Comment