Saturday, July 9, 2011

Fluency is a MUST!

So I am praying for a few things right now. One is for God to open a door for my own ministry down here. I love working with the Buzbee's, but I have come to realize that there is so much need down here. I keep praying for God to show me where I can get involved and make it supported by Xalted Ministries. The first big problem is I am not fluent yet. Fluency is a key. I can communicate a little bit, but I still can't sit down and listen to people share stories about themselves and who they are and what they need. This is a big concern of mine. I feel like I am really just a body and a pair of hands right now. Not so much someone that can help on his own.

I have been looking at a couple of Spanish schools in Granada. I was planning on going in September for a month and a half of Spanish school. The more I pray and think about things, the more I want to do that sooner. I know it's a busy time of year for the Buzbee's, but I think I will be a lot more help to them when I can speak!

My first batch of newsletters are going out. I am proud of my newsletter. If you have been a donor, you should be getting one. If you don't, let me know!!! The boys and girls homes are on vacation right now. They are gone all weekend and have no school next week. That should give them some time to finish their letters to the sponsors. So if you have sponsored a child, you will be getting a letter soon. I still don't have internet, so it's taking a little longer than I'd like. Sorry to all about that.

I am kinda down right now. Not really sure why. It might be having some more down time on my hands. I am also missing some friends. I'd love to go hang out with one of them right now. I haven't made any friends yet outside of the Buzbee gang. And they are all so busy, they dont count. I know God will provide. He always has and always does.

Anyway... love you all. Miss you and will talk to you soon. God bless!

Love,
Tom

1 comment:

  1. HEY TOMMY , WHEN WELL YOU GET PAL-PAL ? JERRY FINK

    ReplyDelete