Sunday, July 24, 2011

Hmmm......

So I have been thinking about a lot of things. I am really excited about where I am at right now. I am really looking forward to the future and what God has planned for me and for the people down here in Nicaragua. I have such a heart for the needy. I am thrilled that God has laid them on my heart. I was not like this a couple years ago. After being here, I look at so many things differently. I can't wait to get back to Murray and tell my friends about all of the amazing people I have ran into.

I read some amazing things in Luke the yesterday that really humbled me. The whole parable of the great banquet and also some other things. I have never felt like I have put others before myself. I have always been a selfish person. I enjoyed when people noticed me, I loved attention, and I really didn't favor the underdog. But God has blessed me with new vision. I see the world in a new light. I would rather spend an hour with someone covered in dirt and just wanting someone to love on them then I would with someone who is blessed beyond imagination.

I met a really cool lady in Las Brasiles. That is where Coburn has his ministry. I believe I am going to become more involved out there. I see a huge need. This Lady has 5 children. from the ages of 10-new born. There is no father around so she is raising all 5 by herself. She just moved out there and Coburn had a group build a house for her. She has never heard about Jesus. Coburn has been telling them stories about Jesus and they are loving it! When I saw them they ran up to Coburn and the first thing they said is they wanted to hear more stories about Jesus. They were so sweet. Kids that are wanting to know more and more about Jesus. Back in the states we sometimes have to pull teeth to get a child to sit still and listen to a story about Jesus.

I really want to bless this family. I think I am going to go out and give the mom a bible. I also am going to keep my eye open to something I can do for her. She asked me if we had people in America that were poor like she was. It was the first time I heard a Nicaraguan describe themselves as poor. It was very sad. She acknowledged she couldn't take care of her own kids and that it was very hard. I really felt bad for this family. It is different than the US. People in the US might be classified as being in poverty, but they have government support and whatnot. Not to mention that they have houses and electricity, tv's, foodstamps to get food, and much more help.

And even the "homeless" are mostly homeless because they made bad decisions. The people here are born into this lifestyle. They really don't have a way to get out of it either. So these people are like you and me but just are lucky and as blessed as we are. But they are blessed. They have been given a lot. They have been given people like Coburn to help them, and now I am going to do my best to help them.

I am actually going to leave now and instead of talking about helping, I'm going to go see her and help them with my love and support.

Love you all..... Put your faith into action! Serve the Lord. Jesus reached out to the poor and needy. Not to the rich and well off. Be a follower of Jesus and do the same!

No comments:

Post a Comment