Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th from Nica!!!

Happy 4th to all of my American friends!!! I’ve been absent from my blog for a bit. Still no internet. Chachi says he is working on it. I know he is busy, but I have a lot of stuff I need internet for. I need to get my newsletter out and also letters to the sponsors of Casa Robles.


So It’s been a fun last couple of days. Thursday I hung out with Veronica and the scholarship kids. They are pretty awesome. I just wish I knew spanish a little better, because they are a handful for Veronica. I’d like to help more.


Friday I drove all over Managua and up to Masaya buying Fireworks for a party in Los Cedros. A group was having a party for the 4th and wanted to shoot off fireworks. Saturday I took the boys up to Los Cedros to see them. They had a blast. We ate, played soccer, danced, destroyed a pinata, and shot off fireworks. It was a great night. It made me miss back home a little though. Nothing better than going to Freedom Fest and hanging out with John and Uncle Mike and scarfing down some great food. Or back in UA at the William’s house eating some amazing ribs. I have had a pretty awesome life. As I watch these kids go crazy over a couple hundred dollars of fireworks, I remember being dissapointed in Murray for being a smaller firework show than I was used to in Columbus. What a perspective. These kids were thrilled to see ANYTHING that shot up in the air. I have had a spoiled life. I don’t really miss it either. I miss the people of course, but I am so humbled down here, I don’t want to go back to the lifestyle I used to live. Yes, sometimes it’s beneficial. Like I am trying to find a special type of sandal that they dont have down here. You can get anything in the US. I guess that’s what my trips back are for. Reloading for more work down here.


Today was a good day. Church was rocking. The pastor preached on tithing. So don’t worry guys, they even preach on you needing to give money in a third world country. It’s not just Murray or UALC!


With out going into details, some of the kids are having some hard times in life right now. That is to be expected from their situations. But it has really be laid on my heart the last 24 hours. Whether it’s problems at school or in their personal life, they don’t deserve it at these young ages. It’s just doors they need to knock down. I was reading in Luke 1 a couple days ago about Zechariah and Elizabeth. Zechariah was a priest who was looked upon favorably by God. Elizabeth was unable to have children. An angel came down from heaven and told him his wife would have a baby, John the Baptist. Zechariah said “I am an old man and my wife is barren. How can this happen?”. Because he doubted, the angel silenced Zechariah and he was unable to talk for 9 months until the baby was born.


Why am I telling you this story???? Well, it made me think a lot. The Lord even made one of His “favorable” men Zechariah, go through inconveniences. Not talking for 9 months is not fun I’m sure. I know I will be going through hard times and I know these kids will be too. But it’s nothing too painful that we all can’t get through with faith in Jesus.


So I ask that you pray for all the children down here in Nicaragua. But especially in the two houses. I spend a lot more time with them than others. In the boys home you have Marcos (age 13), Fredder (11), Heyler (10), Kenner (8), Dennis (6), Angel (5), Luisa (5), and Andrew (they think 5). The Girls you have Mileyding (17), Suheydei (15), Vannessa (15), Katherine (14), Mikeiling (13), Jaquiline (11), Marie Ellena (11), Andrea (10), Pamela (9), Sophia (9), Naydeling (8), Ashley (7), and Jocelyn (7).


Those are all the kids in the two houses. A couple of those ages are guesses. And I need to learn spelling on some of the names. But God knows who they are. So I ask that you pray for them and ask God to mold them into the masterpieces He wants them to be. They are all so precious. I am blessed to be a part of their lives and I am going to try and love them like Jesus would!


Well.... That’s it for now. It’s another week. Thanks to everyone for you support. Love you all and I’m praying for you all. Know that.......You are in my prayers. God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment