Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Backflips and Revolutions!

So yesterday was the Revolution Holiday here in Nica. It was to celebrate 32 years of the FSLN rule. I was amazed. Ortega shuts down ALL the tv channels to show his celebration. I guess their theme song is also "Stand By Me" but with different lyrics. I was told yesterday was a good day to stay inside the house since some people get a little crazy and drunk and then who knows what happens. I said it can't be worse than the night after an Ohio St. vs. Michigan game on campus! :)

Last night was fun. I watched Star Wars I with Angel and Judy. Angel laughed the whole movie. It was cool to show them a classic.

Today we went to Xiloa pronounced Hee-Lo-Ahh. There is a beautiful Lagoon there. We climbed to a spot and jumped off rocked into the water. It was about 25-30 in the air. I was even the only one with enough guts to do a backflip. There were quite impressed. The big boy still has it.
Speaking of.....

All of my shorts and pants are getting too big. I hope I can make it to October to buy new clothes. Because you can't find my size down here. And no, I don't look skinny. I don't know where the weight is leaving my body. I feel like I look the same and I still have my Infamous belly! :P

Well time to run. Have a great day all!

No comments:

Post a Comment