Sunday, July 10, 2011

Good ol Pizza Hut

I would be lost without you. Mainly because you bring me email, skype, and facebook through you internet. The people here are really nice too. There's a waitress named "Martha" that keeps standing next to my table. I have never had her wait on me, but I think she knows a little English and she is wanting to talk to me, but too shy to say something. There are a lot of people here in Nica that know a little or a lot of English. They see me as a "practice" oppurtunity. I enjoy talking to them in English. I wish I could talk to them more in Spanish. That will come soon enough. I can't wait to go to my Spanish school. Might be the first time EVER I am looking forward to studying! I know it's because I will grow as a person and I will grow Xalted Ministries once I am fluent. Again, a blog talking about fluency. hehe

Church today was long.... All of the "Verbo" churches got together for a joint worship. It would be like all of the "First Christian" or "Lutheran" churches getting together. There are 10 others in Nicaragua. Some as far as 4 day trip up the Rio Coco river. It's crazy where they planted churches, but it's awesome! Our church here in Managua is the main one...
Well anyway, they commissioned some people and talked a lot. When you don't know spanish, a 2 hr and 45 min service gets a little tiring. It made me think of how my church was doing in Murray that morning. I miss being active in the church. Although the worship leader did mention to me about singing an English song some Sunday. He thinks the Nicaraguan people would enjoy it.

I went and saw Transformers 3 in 3D today by myself. I had some free time on my hands, and it was nice to hear English for a change. It is in English with Spanish subtitles. I am looking forward to this week. There is a group here that is having activities with the boys and girls home. It will be fun watching the kids have a blast.

It is getting a little warmer here. I know it's warm back home, but here we have like 100% humidity. And even then, you all at least have air conditioning. Last night was an uncomfortable night. I think I need to buy a fan to put right next to my bed. I have an over head fan, but It didn't keep me from sweating all night. I woke up this morning and I thought I wet the bed! :) Had to wash my sheets. It was the first night like that though. I've been sleeping like a baby most of the time.

Well I think I have overstayed my welcome at Pizza Hut. I think I should leave. You all have a great night. Love from Nica!


1 comment:

  1. We had a heat index around 110 today (Monday) and I was out working in it! So glad things are going well down there. Miss you around here, but am sure you are doing great things for Him where you are.

    ReplyDelete