Tuesday, August 31, 2010

So It’s been a while since I was able to blog. Sunday night I went to Casa Havilah and hung out with the girls. I bought them Pizza Hut and we had a blast. They danced, sang some songs, and even did gymnastics. They were amazed that I could do cartwheels, round offs, and the splits! Never underestimate Gordito!!!
I took a lot of video. Nidalee never left my side. I colored with her for a while. She is about 5 yrs old. She followed me wherever I went and I loved every minute of it. She is a cutie. She is the sister of two of the boys in my house. She even took my plate after we ate and washed it for me.
I finally went to leave and a few of the girls walked me to a taxi because they didn’t want me to go alone at night. It was cute. I had a blast!

Monday Morning was interesting. I went with Brinson and Chachi to Jinotega. It is about 3 hours north of Managua in the mountains. We met a Pastor they are helping up on the border close to Honduras. I guess it is REALLY remote. They said that its about an hour drive more, and then you travel up river for 2 days!!! They don’t have any electricity up there but they has a church and praise God! The pastor’s name was Victor. We had a home cooked meal out of the back of some ladies house and I sat there and listened to them speak Spanish and Mosquite. Mosquite is a language of the people up there. After they were done doing business we took some pictures and had a great time of Prayer!!! It was about 10 mins long and I really felt the Holy Spirit moving! Then we came back home! I am really glad I went. I think I really got to know Brinson and Chachi. It was a great trip.
So back home, I took a nap. It was much needed after getting up at 5am. Then I ran around with the kids this afternoon. And had a great dinner. I’m ready to do it all over again tomorrow. Again…. I love it here. It’s really amazing. The kids are so well behaved. Just like in Korea, the kids don’t breathe unless they are told to. America is now afraid to discipline its youth with social services and lawsuits and such. But there is a fine line between abuse and discipline. I respect the way the parents treat the kids here. My kids would be blown away by some of the stuff I’ve seen. Like tonight, Marcos prayed for us for about 10 minutes. Most adults don’t “like” praying that long. Marcos is 12 years old!!! They are just raised to fear God and I think that’s good. After all, He is el Jefe (the Boss) and you don’t want to cross him! Well…. I am about to go to bed. I hope to get to the internet café tomorrow morn. Buenos Noches!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment