Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hola!
I am having an awesome time. Yesterday I went to the market and bought the house a Huge grill for $20, a huge Pinata, and gifts for my sponsored child.

Then I went to Casa Havilah and chatted with the girls a while. Momma Kenia tried to teach me some spanish. I understood it from her. I think she knows more English than she lets on.
I picked the girls up from school. Wow.... the schools are different here. First..... They are sooo open. all the windows dont have glass. The doors are just gates. It is very open to the air. It gets hot down here.

It has been raining a lot at night. Which makes for a humid sticky bed! :(  And Casa Robles has a lot of leaks. Its actually pretty sad how many leaks  this house has and it's one of the nicer ones in Nicaragua.
I really think about La Chureca (The Dump). The homes down there barely have roofs. Those people get drenched while they lay in bed at night. I also hear it is kinda flooded out. That some housed have a couple feet of water in them 24/7 until the rainy season is over. We are soo lucky and spoiled.

Today I get to see my Compassion International Sponsored child. I hear this is an amazing experience. To meet a child that you take care of across the world is amazing. I have all kinds of gifts to give her. I am really excited. My friend and translator Luis is going with me too. It should be a blast. I am actually nervous though. All the kids here love me, but it took a while for all of them to warm up. I have only 2 hours with my child. I hope she sees Jesus through my love.

After the meeting we have to rush back here because it's Kenner's birthday today. All of the Buzbees and Casa Havliah will be over to celebrate. I have been blowing up balloons all morning! It's been a great time. I honestly don't want to go back to the real world of working and being in charge. It's really nice to go with the flow and not worry about anything! Anywa.... I love ya all and see ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment