Saturday, August 28, 2010

Wow…. Yesterday was amazing. I woke up to a day of uncertainty. I had no idea what we were going to do. I started with sitting on the couch reading a book to Louisa. It was in Spanish and I think I did pretty well. My mom would be amazed by my Spanish. After all I struggled with that dumb class at Ohio St. But the last 2 days I have been speaking 90% of the time in Spanish. I was really happy that Judy and I had about a 15 minute conversation in all Spanish and I don’t think I said one English word! Now…. My conjugations of verbs aren’t very good, but they know what I mean when I says them poorly anyway!
I found out we were spending the whole day at the mall. This was a treat for the kids. First we ate lunch. We ate at this restaurant called “Rostipollo”. It was interesting. It was a nice upper-class sit down restaurant kind of like a TGI-Fridays or something. But it was ALL chicken. I thought about it…. We don’t have anything like that back home in America. An all chicken nice sit down restraint. Hmm….
They gave all the children these helium filled balloons and we tied them to their wrists. We had a wonderful mean. It truly was delicious. Afterwards I got the check. I was paying for this day because a friend in Murray gave me money to treat these kids to some fun. If I was in America, I would have had a heart attack. The check said $1,456.00. But in Cordoba’s (that’s the name of their money.) It was about $60 I believe. We left the restaurant to shop. Chachi was with us and wanted to buy the house their first radio. And he bought a nice $200 US dollar radio too. It makes the whole house shake when you play it!
After that We took the kids to the most exciting part of the day… the Arcade!

Chachi told me that only one of the kids have ever been to an arcade. I can see why. It was very expensive even for back home. It was like a Dave & Busters. It was about $20 for a card that could play about 10 games. Very expensive. But I bought $100 worth of cards and they loved every minute of it. I had 2 boys with my group and it was awesome. Ceasar and Fredder were with me and I loved watching their faces the whole time they played. They were in awe. From playing each other in Air Hockey to winning tickets to earn a little present. It was a blast…..
(As I am typing this, there are 4 completely naked boys standing around me watching me type. They run around naked a LOT in the morning. I think it’s because mom gives them all showers one at a time and they all are naked until the last is finished so mom can pick out clothes. )
So the kids thanked me a million times and we went back to the house! We had a blast. After that we went home and the kids had nap time! Then dinner….. It was delicious. Angelica is one of the best cooks I have ever seen. The food is great! Before every meal I am in awe of what happens. One of the kids pray. It’s not pray as in the children pray back home. They pray at the dinner table for like 10 minutes. I’ve never seen a 4 yr old pray for 10 minutes in my life. But that’s 3 times a day here. It’s amazing how strong Christianity is down here. God is all over this country. You have people who are strong Christians and yearn to be closer to God, and at the same time you have people who think they have no hope and yearn to be close to God. The same denominator is people down here want God.
I don’t know what we are doing today. I think I am going to go buy a grill for the house. They are currently grilling on the rim of a tire. They took a tire rim and welded a hubcap to the bottom to hold the charchol. Then they grill their meat on a grate that has broken spokes where meat falls through and gets wasted. Chachi said I could probably find one for $20. Wow…. I don’t know why someone didn’t buy one before. So I think that’s on todays agenda.
Ps…. I introduced Judy to the song “Amazing Grace”. He loves singing it now and I need to go download the words for him! He has been humming it all day! I am out of here. God Bless all of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment