Thursday, August 26, 2010

Good ol Rainy season

I woke up several times last night to the clapping of thunder. It poured.... like monsoon poured. It rained all night and the windows lit up with lightning. It was pretty cool. Between that and the nightmare I had about my youth group rebeling and causing a mini revolt against me, it was an interesting night! :P

Now it if very cloudy and gloomy. Which I am thinking is a good thing because it might be a little cooler with the sun hidden behind the clouds. It is humid though. I just took a shower about 10 mins ago and feel like I could use another. I am sure my youth would agree that I could. Those turds! But I do miss them. I have been keeping up with a couple of them on Facebook while i've been here. It's nice to have some communication. And even Ashley and E-beth say they miss me. Never thought I'd hear those words out of their mouths! :)

But I'm off to the boys home today. I will be starting my next leg of my journey. 8 boys between the ages of 5-10 and one 3 yr old girl. I should have my hands full. And when big ol Tom shows up they think "Playground"! So I know a lot of people back home think I'm on vacation..... I think it's working 24/7. I know my body will feel that way! But I wouldn't ask for it any other way.

I hope everyone is doing well back home. I am going to start my video documentation today with my new Flip Video camera. I am no cinematographer, but I am hoping to capture every inch of the amazing essence of Nicaragua here. I have a lot of people I want to show it to so that next time I come down, they come too!

I really can't emphasize enough.... This is a journey that's worth every penny. After all, what journey with Jesus isn't???

No comments:

Post a Comment