Saturday, December 10, 2011

Time for a little change...

I just moved....

Nothing big. But I moved a couple blocks down the road into a house with another Missionary friend of mine. His name is Michael, and he's pretty cool. He does some amazing things with his Ministry "Project Isaiah". We have fun debating about stuff and he is definitely passionate. (Don't talk to him about Tebow) But I respect the guy a lot.

I moved in for many reasons. First and foremost, Michael's roommate and my good friend left and Michael was stuck paying rent. So he needed another roommate. It's the same cost of what I pay at the boys home, so of course I would help him out. Also, I am looking forward to having him around to be an accountability partner. We will keep each other in check and challenge each other spiritually. I can have deep conversations again in English, when all i said at the boys home was in Spanish. And last but not least, it will be nice to have privacy when I want it. To have friends come over. I am 30 yrs old and it is nice to have a place to myself again.

I will miss being in the boys home. I already do. There is an energy there that I won't have anymore here. It's fun to walk out of your room and hug a ton of precious kids. But my relationship with them won't change. I still plan on going over there almost every day and seeing them. I will stop by for Angelica's cooking :) It will almost be the same, but I will be sleeping somewhere else. That's all.

I also think this next year is going to be very big for me. I am working more and more with Imagine Ministries and the school in Los Brasiles. It's wonderful. I will soon have groups here from Coburn's church in February. I can't wait. We will also be hosting people here over the next year. Since this house is so big, we have 10 extra beds right now to hole people. It's a little bit like a missionary complex.

Other news.... Today is the promotion day for Luisa and Angel. They go from Kindergarten to 1st grade I believe. They have their little caps and gowns. It will be cute. I am looking forward to it. I have had a lot of parties and graduations this last week. and I have more next week. It's crazy in December.

I am also busy trying to get things ready to leave. I leave on the 19th for Savannah to see my parents. I'm looking forward to hanging with them and playing really bad Golf. I've played like 3 times in the last 2+ years.

Then I go to Murray at the end of December and hang out for 3 weeks. I get to cheer on Big Country and the Arnett girls in Basketball and get fattened up by Diana and her cooking. I can't wait.

A big part of all of this is also fund raising. I am about to send out letters and tax receipts. But now is the time to collect all of the money for next year. So I need to ask people to pledge again. I hope God can bless me with as much as I had this year, if not more! Now that I have a year under my belt, I have so many projects to finish. I have playgrounds to build, Ranchos to build, children to sponsor, and so much more. I am soooo excited about what's going on down here. I couldn't do it without any of you though! If you are interested in donating to my area's of ministry.....The Boys Home, The Girls Home, or to the school I run in Los Brasiles.... You can email me at tom@fccmurray.com to get more info or you can donate with a credit card through paypal on my website at www.xalted.org.

I can't wait to see what God is up to. I hope you can enjoy this trip with me!
God Bless, and see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment