Saturday, September 17, 2011

Every Day.... In Nica....

Every day I wake up in a sweaty bed.
Every day I take a cold shower (not by choice)
Every day I eat Gallo Pinto (Rice and beans)
Every day I see a salamander in my bedroom.
Every day I give change to the boy at the street corner who wants to wash my windows at the red light.
Every day I pray that God will use me.
Every day I see that happen.
Every day the children make me laugh.
Every day I don't understand a lot of what people say to me.
Every day I can tell what people mean through their love and actions.
Every day I see a volcano.
Every day I see flowers.
Every day I see coconuts.
Every day I turn on the fan to keep me cool.
Every day I constantly watch my back because I am a foreigner.
Every day I speak Spanish.
Every day I sin.
Every day I ask for forgiveness.
Every day I am forgiven.
Every day when it rains I watch water leak in our house.
Every day I kill a cockroach.
Every day I am soaking wet with sweat.
Every day I see hungry people begging for food.
Every day I see children begging to be loved.
Every day I see kids playing soccer in the streets.
Every day I see people drive through red lights.
Every day I am happy.
Every day I wonder what I am going to do the next day.
Every day I wonder if I am going to be alone forever.
Every day I thank God for the people I do have in my life.
Every day I drink filtered bottle water.
Every day it is hot.
Every day I see dogs walking in the street.
Every day I see people selling grills made out of tire rims.
Every day I get mad at how taxi's will just slam on their brakes and stop for people in front of you.
Every day I realize how lucky I am for even having a car.
Every day I see a cow, horse, chicken, dog, bull, or donkey walking down the middle of the road.
Every day I miss my friends and family.
Every day I wear clean clothes while a lot of people are covered in dirt.
Every day I wear flip-flops
Every day I talk on the phone.
Every day I get on my computer.
Every day I read.
Every day I sing.
Every day I pray.
Every day I eat.
Every day I sleep.


But Every day I look at the poor, lost, and needy people of Nicaragua, and wish that I could give them what I get..... Every day.

I am blessed to be able to serve, to love, and to live.
I will worship Jesus with all my heart.
Every day....

No comments:

Post a Comment