Thursday, September 2, 2010

I had an amazing day.....

First it started off with a great time of prayer with Chachi, Mike, Brinson, and Coburn. We prayed for TWO hours...... that's 2!!!! It was awesome...... We annointed each other with oil and just had an amazing time with God. It was great. I wish I could do that every day with those guys. It is one thing to pray on your own. but to have others that experience the Holy Spirit with you is pretty cool.

After that Elizabeth picked me up and we went to La Chureca. It was sooo sad. I have some amazing video of homes in 3 feet of water and people just standing around in it. But remember.... it's a trash dump.... So you have a flood of trash floating around too. Who knows what you are stepping on in that water. And that's how they are LIVING right now!!!!

PLEASE..... ask me about these videos. I want people to see this horror and know that they can come down here on a trip in the summer that I will host and lead and they can help with their own two hands!

I am also thinking about creating a sponsorship program with these kids and our church/immediate friends. I thought about it.... I am sponsoring a girl down here but it's really regulated by compassion and you have to jump through loops to do anything. I could create a sponsorship program for these kids that supports them and you can come down on a trip and see them and build a relationship over a week that will last a lifetime!

I am about ready to jump into my humid bed and open my bible and spend some time in Jeremiah. Check out Jeremiah 17. Some amazing stuff! Have a great night everyone and I'll talk to you soon! PS.... let me know on Facebook if you are interested in sponsoring a child here!

Night all!!!
-Tom

ps... I see the Buckeyes whooped Marshall tonight!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment