Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 2

So it's Thursday and I woke up and had an awesome quiet time. It was interrupted by the "twins". But I wouldn't have had it any other way. We chatted for a bit and I loved hearing about what was going on in their lives.

We ate breakfast and played with the monkey a little bit. Then Chachi took us, his family, and the 6 little Buzbees to Ruby Ranch. Yes.... we had 12 in a jeep cherokee. :)

We got there and Brinson had the girls from Casa Havilah there. The buzbees just bought 2 horses. One is bigger than the other. The kids watched each other ride. I was busy catching up with the girls from Casa Havilah. They are pretty special. For the most part we started where we left off in Sept. I heard Vannessa shouting "Gordito" as we pulled up. It made me smile. I was sooo happy to be there.

Ruby Ranch is beautiful. Think of a tropical "dude ranch". The flowers were amazing. The girls picked all kinds of fruit and such. I had a freshly picked green lemon. It was SOUR!!!! I mean more than a normal one. I rode the big horse and actually started galloping on it. I will tell you what.... that's one strong horse to carry me around. It was definitely sucking wind on the way up the hill!

Then we piled back in the car, came back, I played football with Moses, and the kids used me as a jungle gym. Ruth and I noted..... it doesnt matter what borders I cross. Tom looks like a Jungle Gym to ALL children!

Finally we played with the monkey and ruth got to hold it and got some pictures. It was nice. We had a great day. Tomorrow we are going with Elizabeth to the Dump to see some mothers. Then we will make our way to the Market. Sounds like another good day! I'm soooooooooo excited about being here long term. Yes I am going to miss everything about Murray. But I have connected with kids in ways I never have before. I think it's something to do with them being "orphaned" and without parents. That is truly sad, but I realize you become that special bond in their life instead. The affection they want and need is so much greater than kids back home. It's really special to see!

Anyway..... I'm off to do my devotion. I love you all and miss ya! God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment